Description of Problem
Snom has provided enhanced security features that, depending
topology of the network you have, may not be necessary for normal use
of the phone. The enhanced security settings may make the phone
invisible (device not found / unable to detect) to the scan by Flexor
or otherwise interfere with setup or
If you are experiencing difficulty adding or configuring snom
in Flexor and your local area network is already behind a firewall
device, for example; your wide area network router that connects to the
often provides firewalling, then to confirm that the phone &
can contact each other please implement the suggested security
settings detailed below on your snom phone.
The instructions for changing your phone configuration are as
- Identify the IP address of your phone.
- Go to the Advanced settings web page of your phone.
- Make the suggested changes, save the changes.
- Remove the phone from Flexor Devices and applications (if
it has been added).
- Add the phone via Flexor Devices and applications.
- Make sure you are using the HTTP Server credentials for your phone
- Confirm your PCs firewall has exceptions for Flexor if
- Make sure the settings changes are retained, a user has
reported their phone returned to User mode.
- Please note Flexor connects to the phone on the standard
HTTP & HTTPS ports: 80 & 443. You can check the ports on the
phone under Advanced, Network, Webserver connection type.
Identify the IP address of your Snom phone
You can identify the IP address from your phone by:
- Pressing the Help button marked ?.
- Press the button under the label
IPAdr, the IP address will be displayed.
- Alternatively, Right click on the Flexor icon in the task
your PC (usually in the bottom right of the screen) and select Devices
- Double click on your phone (if it has been added) in the
Devices section and your
web browser will open on the web interface of your phone.
Go to the Advanced > Qos / Security web page of your
Open a web browser and enter the URL of your phone. The URL
will be the IP Address of your phone. You can
find out the IP Address from the menu on your phone as per the
Then select the
Advanced option from the menu on the left hand side of the
tab from the top of the screen.
Ignore security advices - on
Use hidden tags - off
Allow CSTA control - on
Administrator mode - on
Set credentials (Username and Password) for the HTTP server
Save the changes with
the Save button at the bottom of the screen:
Example of Snom web interface pages
Add / Remove the phone from Flexor Manager
You now need to delete the phone from Flexor and add it again
you had already added it) or just add (skip to 4th bullet point), if
- Right click the Flexor icon in the bottom right of PC
- Select Devices and Applications.
- Right Click the Snom phone, select Delete and OK.
- Right click in the blank area under devices and
select New Flexor Connect for snom phone.
- Wait for scanning to complete and select the
appropriate phone or select Add manually and enter your phones IP
- If required enter the phones HTTP server credentials
- If your phone is locked because of too many connection attempts
rebooting the phone is the quickest way to clear it
You can review the user guide for more detailed instructions
on adding and removing devices from Flexor here: Click
here for The
Devices and Application window guide.
If you are still unable to detect your phone please read this advice
requirements and confirm your PCs firewall allows traffic from your
your PC: Click here